Have you ever wished that the address bar in Firefox was a little better? It gets the job done in most cases, but sometimes it would be nice if it did just a little bit more. Smart Address Bar is a free add-on for Firefox that makes the address bar do all the things you always wished it would do. Once you install the free add-on, simply start typing the first few letters of your search term, and Smart Address Bar will start showing you smart results.
As you type it will offer suggestions for things that may interest you. You can actually use this add-on to find things you did not even know you were looking for that may interest you. The search results will display right in the address bar. As you use the add-on more, it will start to pick up on the things you search for regularly and make suggestions based on that. It’s actually very similar to the way the address bar works in Google Chrome. If you want to make Firefox even better, this is a must have add-on.
- Use your address bar just like a search engine.
- Suggests results to help you find things you didn’t even know you were looking for.
- Scroll through search results without leaving the address bar.
- When you find one you like it will open in your current tab.
- Similar tools: Make Address Bar Font Size Bigger and Location Bar Enhancer.
Find Smart Address Bar on the Firefox add-on store