Although a number of people learn to speak Chinese and Japanese, writing these languages is a different matter. Most people cannot properly differentiate between the characters of these languages. To help them write these languages better, Skritter was created.
Skritter is a web service that helps users learn to draw chinese Chinese and Japanese characters with mouse. Although the site is a paid service, you can try out the demo during which you will learn a number of Chinese and Japanese characters.
You start the demo by selecting a language: simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, or Japanese. According to your chosen language the following screen will present characters as well as tips on stroke rules in each language. Initially character outlines are shown which you need to trace but as you progress, the outlines are no longer there and you draw the characters completely on your own. Character pronunciations are also available on the site.
- Learn Chinese and Japanese characters online.
- Supports simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and Japanese.
- Brush stroke rules are focused on the site.
- Contains pronunciations for each shown character.
- Similar tools: Tatoeba, Busuu, LangoLAB, and Lingt.
- Also read related articles:18 Great Sites to Learn a New Language
Check out Skritter @ www.skritter.com