Thankfully, there’s people out there who have thought about this problem and have come up with a handy solution for us all. HelloFax is digital signature software that lets you upload the document and add a digital signature, and then it will fax the file or email it to your destination. There’s no need to print or scan anything, plus it can be done in moments. It’s almost too useful for words.
It’s always great to see new companies solving everyday problems in a creative, workable manner. The HelloFax digital signature software is such a revelation because it allows for a wide variety of file formats to be uploaded and for signatures to be added in a number of quick and useful ways. The overall result is a service which solves your problem quickly and painlessly — and that’s the best sort there is.
When you visit the HelloFax site, you’re presented with a simple interface which guides you through the process. You really can’t go wrong. There’s nothing to download – everything is controlled through the website interface.
Each user is entitled to 5 free faxes (and afterwards there are reasonable rates available), but email will always be free.
The only way anyone will know you’ve used HelloFax is if you ask for a cover letter to be created. Otherwise, your documents will be sent exactly as you see them.
- First enter the US fax number or email address of where you need to send the document. At this stage you may only enter one recipient at a time. You can add a cover letter to the document if you like.
- Secondly, upload the document to HelloFax. They accept just about any type of file format, including .doc, .docx, .pdf, .tif, .ppt, .jpeg, .png, .xls, .txt and .gif. And really, most other file types can be exported as a PDF or JPG anyway, so you can always export and upload.
- The third step is optional, and allows you to add a signature or any other markings required on your form if need be. There’s a couple of different ways to do this. One option is to use your mouse to create a digital signature. For most of us though, this isn’t going to turn out so well. People using tablets may have more success using this method. Another way of getting a signature uploaded is to sign a piece of paper and take a photo with your phone. You can send the photo to HelloFax, they clean it up a little and isolate the signature for you.
Once you’ve created or uploaded a signature it’s simple to add it to the document. HelloFax lets you resize the signature to fit the document, then position it in exactly the right place.
Once your signature is in place, you’re ready to send. The fax or email is sent off directly.
If you decide to sign up with HelloFax, you’ll also be able to receive faxes through the service.
More Online Office Companions
If you’re a freelancer or you just like to use web services for your everyday office needs, here’s a few more articles you should check out.
- 6 Useful Desktop Time Tracking Software
- Doris — A Minimalist Productivity App for the Task Masters
- FocusBoosterLive: Work Efficiently with This Online Timer
- Hourly Rate Calculator: Easily Determine Hourly Rate Online
Did you give HelloFax a try? What did you think? How can it be improved? Let us know in the comments!
Image Credit: ShutterStock
More articles about: