When children start out in kindergarten, they are taught how to recognize words when they see them. They learn how to spot a word and know what it means. Here to help them do that is a smart device application called Sigh Words.
Sigh Words is a free to use smartphone application for Android devices. The app is sized at nearly 1.5 MB and requires your device to be running Android version 2.1 or later. The app shows children words and tells them what they mean; upper and lower case letters can be toggled from the app’s options. Children can swipe to go to the next word or use the large arrow buttons at the bottom of the application. You can edit the words list to add your own words and you can turn off the audio to quiz your children.
- A user-friendly smart device app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Helps your young children recognize and learn new words.
- Lets you add your own words.
- Lets you quiz your children on what they have learned.
- Similar tool: Hungry Fish.
- Also read related articles: 3 Simple and Fun Learn to Type Websites for Kids and 10 Interactive Games To Teach Your Kids Alphabets & Numbers.
Check out Sigh Words @ play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fivepumpkins.words