Moving your hand from the keyboard to your mouse and back can break your working rhythm and hinder your goals of productivity. There are a number of applications that try to remedy this problem by offering you a way to control the mouse pointer through your keyboard. Mac users now have another useful application that helps them stick with their keyboards; this app is called Shortcat.
Shortcat is a freeware application that comes in a TAR archive sized at nearly 6 MB; the program is compatible with computers running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The app lets you perform a number of functions using just the keyboard. Some examples include browsing the Internet in Safari, changing settings in System Preferences, clicking links in chat windows, and shifting chats between different users on Skype.
The app basically lets you search for GUI elements on application windows and then click them using the Return key.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Mac computers.
- Lets you control applications using only your keyboard.
- Searches for GUI elements and clicks them using Return key.
- Similar tools: Hot Mouse Flower and MouseFIGHTER.
- Also read related article: Reconfigure Your Mac Keyboard For More Geek Power [Mac].
Check out Shortcat @ www.shortcatapp.com