If you want to check the effectiveness of your firewall protection, head to ShieldsUP. It is an online firewall vulnerability test tool that provides you with a number of quick online scans. You can run scans to check your system for windows file sharing vulnerabilities, common ports, specified port vulnerabilities, browser vulnerabilities, messenger vulnerabilities and also look up for specific port information.
Additionally to running scans the site also provides you with a background and insight information related to firewall security. It also explains what needs to be done to stay fully protected.
- Run firewall test scans online.
- You can check your computer for:
– Windows file sharing vulnerability
– Common ports vulnerability
– All service ports vulnerability
– Specified port vulnerability
– Browser vulnerability
– Messenger vulnerability
- Lookup specific port information.
- Additional background and insight information related to firewall security.
- No registration needed.
Note: These firewall tests can only show the view from the outside looking in. If you already have a Trojan or spyware in your system, it can easily create a hole in your firewall. So make sure to scan your computer for spyware, malware and viruses as well.
Check out ShieldsUP @ www.grc.com/x/