Shazam has just launched a new version of their popular application for iPhone and iPod Touch. The big claim to fame for this update is how quickly it can identify a song or other piece of media. The developers of Shazam claim that it can lock down the identity of a song in as little as one second. This is an impressive speed, especially considering most users never complained about the speed with which Shazam was able to identify media before this update.
This update also overhauls the UI for Shazam to make navigating and scrolling quicker and easier. It looks fantastic and is very useable.
They also improved the social aspects of the application, giving users the ability to edit tweets. This is a feature that users have waited for, and it’s great to see it finally added.
Check out the complete list of new features:
- Lightning fast tagging and recognition
- Instant listening on start-up
- Start-up time over a second quicker
- Editable tweets – as requested! (iOS5)
- Smoother, more responsive navigation and scrolling
- Shazam friends feed works faster
- Improved sync on LyricPlay – see streaming lyrics in time to the music
This update also claims to make Shazam iPad compatible, but that seems unnecessary considering they just updated their dedicated iPad app with Retina support. However, the iPad app does not give mention to all the other new features on the iPhone version. So if you are looking for more speed, you may want to use the iPhone application on your iPad.