Numerous web apps and desktop apps keep you updated on the RSS feeds you have subscribed to. But these apps provide a dedicated interface. If you are looking for something that displays RSS feed notifications without disturbing your current work, check out a free web tool called RSS Alerts.
RSS Alerts is a browser extension for Google Chrome. The extension adds a new green icon to your Chrome’s address bar. Clicking the address bar lets you add RSS feeds – you can add as many as you want. Whenever new entries in your feeds are detected they are displayed as desktop notifications. These notifications appear on the side and disappear shortly after appearing. You can click on the title of the posts to be taken to their webpage.
- A user-friendly tool.
- Comes as a browser extension for Chrome.
- Keeps you updated on your RSS feeds.
- You can add as many feeds as you like.
- Displays desktop notifications for feeds.
- The notifications appear on the side and leave a lot of room for you to continue your work undisturbed.
- Similar tool: Webreader.
- Also read related articles:Desktop Google Reader – An Awesome RSS Reader Which Syncs With Google
Four Really Good Free Desktop News Ticker Apps
Check out RSS Alerts @ chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lemgijjifkaldmklohlmjaplmfobgich