The new MacBook Pro laptops come with Retina display technology that packs a lot of pixels into the display screen, thus enabling you to set much higher resolutions than before. However because at very high resolutions the icons you view become very small, the laptops do not have those high resolutions set by default. Here to help you switch to those high resolutions and back easily and quickly is a Mac app called QuickRes.
QuickRes is a free to use desktop utility for Mac laptops that are now coming equipped with the impressive Retina display technology. The app comes packed in a ZIP archive which is sized at less than 1 MB. With the application installed, you can set the display to resolutions as high as 3840×2400. Of course you can return the resolution to smaller dimensions anytime you like.
- A user-friendly desktop utility.
- Compatible with Mac laptops with Retina display.
- Lets you quickly increase display dimensions to higher resolutions.
- Maximum supported resolution is 3840×2400.
- Similar tool: Phone-Size.
- Also read related article: 3 Firefox Plugins To Test Your Website In Different Resolutions.
Check out QuickRes @ www.quickresapp.com