My Nintendo, the replacement for the old Club Nintendo rewards system, allows 3DS (UK) and Wii U (UK) owners to receive special rewards for using Nintendo services. Each week, there are certain missions you can complete that reward you with a certain number of coins. These coins can then be used for discounts on games, or even an occasional free game.
There are two types of coins: platinum and gold. Gold coins can only be obtained by purchasing games on the eShop for 3DS or Wii U, so there’s not much strategy to obtaining them. Platinum coins, however, can be obtained by playing the smartphone app Miitomo or by completing other tasks.
Here’s a quick rundown of the tasks you need to complete each week (resetting on Sunday nights) to earn maximum platinum coins. None of these require playing Miitomo:
- Visit My Nintendo’s homepage and pick up the silver coin on the ground by your Mii (30 coins).
- Sign into Miiverse once on the Web or your console (30).
- Sign into the Nintendo eShop on your 3DS or Wii U (30 coins).
- Visit Nintendo.com while signed into your Nintendo account. Check the top-right corner for your Mii to ensure you’re signed in. (This is a hidden mission, worth 30 coins)
- Follow the mission instructions to allow promotional emails from Nintendo (30 coins, one-time) and collect a bonus for keeping this setting enabled every month (10).
- One time only: Scroll to the bottom of the My Nintendo page and click the Mario block on the right side. Scroll back up to your Mii and keep clicking the box it holds until you get bonus coins (10).
Using my Platinum Coins from My Nintendo for 3DS themes since they have no good rewards.
Might as well use them for -something-.
— ? veL | RoO ? (@switcherooSSB) October 1, 2016
What have you earned from My Nintendo rewards? Let us know by leaving a comment!
Image Credit: WOVE LOVE via Shutterstock