Google already provides maps in search results when looking for businesses with real-world addresses, but many websites that feature addresses do not. If you rely on maps to make sense of unfamiliar addresses then you might want to consider the Quick Maps add-on for Firefox (also available for Chrome).
The add-on can be installed without a restart and once active scans webpages for addresses. When you hover over one of these addresses, a new frame is launched next to the address which shows the location on a Google map. The extension also adds an entry to the right click menu which allows for the highlighting of a word and then selecting “Search with Quick Maps” from the context menu which performs a similar function.
The add-on which is designed to save you time while browsing for businesses and locations online works for addresses in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France and many more countries.
- Automatically scans for addresses on the page, then when hovering displays the location on a Google Map in a separate frame.
- Allows the look-up of addresses and place names using the same pop-up from the right-click context menu.
- Works in a number of countries including the US, UK and other parts of Europe.
- Chrome version also available at the Chrome Web Store.
- Installs without restarting the browser.