If you are a Linux user and you do not have a flash drive to carry your favorite portable applications in, then there’s no need to worry – thanks to “Portable Linux Apps” an internet connection is all you need to access your favorite Linux apps.
“Portable Linux Apps” is a free to use website that hosts a collection of portable applications for Linux. These applications include compression tools, instant messaging clients, note-taking apps, audio editors and recording software, BitTorrent clients, and a number of other useful tools.
Most of the apps have quite a small download size therefore you can obtain them quickly. The apps available on the site have all been tested on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), OpenSUSE 11.2, and Fedora 12. All you need to do to use them is download them, make an executable out of them, and run them.
- Handy linux portable applications all in one place.
- Has a collection of numerous portable Linux apps.
- Many of the apps have small download sizes that make them quick to get.
- All apps have been pre-tested.
- Users need to download an app, make its executable, and run it.
Check out “Portable Linux Apps” @ www.portablelinuxapps.org