People normally take precautions by installing mobile tracking applications on their phone. But what if your phone is already lost and you do not have such an app installed on it? The solution to that problem is an Android application called Plan B.
You start by remotely installing the app from the Android Marketplace. Then the app will automatically start, turn on the phone’s GPS, and email your phone’s location to your Gmail account. To keep a track of your phone simply text “locate” to your lost phone and its position will be communicated to you.
Follow these easy steps to use Plan B:
1. Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.
2. Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.
3. To locate again after 10 minutes, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Helps find your lost phone.
- Automatically starts and turns on the phone’s GPS.
- Similar tools: Puntalo, BuddyWay, BlueRetriever and iTag.
- Also read related articles:
Check out Plan B @ market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb