When you come home you may prefer your computer to automatically turn on and be ready for you to use it. Since leaving it on would waste electricity, you need a better solution to this problem. That solution is an Android app called PcAutoWaker.
PcAutoWaker is sized at 85KB and requires Android 1.6 or later. The application wakes your computer using the “Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN)” feature built into many motherboards nowadays. All you need is for this feature to be enabled on your computer; next you can set up your phone to automatically connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network. The instant your phone connects to the Wi-Fi network, your computer is woken up from its sleep mode. If you have multiple computers in your home you can specify their MAC addresses to the application and select which ones to turn on.
- A user-friendly smartphone application.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Lets you automatically wake up your computer.
- Works using WoWLAN feature in your computer.
- Saves the time required to manually turn on the computer.
Check out PcAutoWaker @ market.android.com/details?id=jp.xii.relog.pcautowaker