There are no shortage of good image editors for the Windows platform, with the ever-useful Paint.NET often taking first prize when it comes to making quick edits. Another powerful yet lightweight solution for those who need such a tool is PC Image Editor 5.0, which is completely free for home users.
The program supports a good range of file types including standard web formats, as well as others like lossless TIFF, TGA, EMF and RAS among others. Scanner makes it possible to directly import paper documents into the program as well.
Basic edits like resizing an image, rotating, perspective flips and skew are all covered, and there are a total of 15 filters to choose from for stylising images, including blur, sharpen, add noise, diffuse and mosaic.
More advanced editing is also possible, with adjustments to contrast, brightness, hue and saturation among the offerings with automatic adjustments for levels and contrast. The program clocks in at a tiny 6.12MB and according to the developer runs on Windows 7, Vista and XP though we’d hazard a guess that Windows 8 users will have little trouble running it too.
- Import and export most popular image formats and a few less popular ones too.
- Adjust levels, contrast, exposure and more as well as applying affects like blur, mosaic and sharpen.
- Fully compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP with no extra downloads required.
- Tiny 6.12MB download makes this a truly lightweight tool.
- Similar: Ribbet!, Pholor Express, CoolTweak, Zoner, and BatchPhoto.
Check out PC Image Editor 5.0 @ Program4PC.com