SMART is an acronym that stands for Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology. Modern hard disks come with SMART attributes built into them. Monitoring these attributes can let you know whether the hard disk is behaving normally or abnormally. Here to help you monitor those attributes on a Windows computer is an app called PassMark DiskCheckup.
PassMark DiskCheckup is a free to use desktop application for Windows computers. The app is sized at nearly 1 MB and it quickly installs. Once the app is installed, it automatically detects the physical hard disks on your computer and loads up the information. You can view overall details, SMART specifics, and SMART history. You can even run a self-test on the disk. Temperature units and other options can all be modified by accessing the settings of the program.
- A user-friendly desktop application.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Displays SMART attributes of your hard disks.
- Can run self tests on hard disks.
- Also read related articles: 6 Ways To Use iPhone As An External Hard Drive and GetFoldersize Calculates Hard Disk Usage Quickly & Easily [Windows].
Check out PassMark DiskCheckup @ www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm