When it comes to sharing a text file with your friends or your site’s visitors, you have to first open up your web browser, then manually upload the file, then make a few adjustments before the file is ready to be served. This process is made much quicker thanks to a web service called PancakeIO.
PancakeIO is a free to use web service that lets you easily share text files and other digital documents. The service works through your desktop Dropbox client. The first step is to authorize Pancake access to your Dropbox account. The service will create a subfolder in your Apps folder. From then on all you will have to do is drop files into this subfolder. You can use the embeddable code the site provides you with to quickly make your uploaded files available on your blog or website. A direct URL for your Pancake files is also provided that can be shared with friends.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Works through your Dropbox accounts.
- Lets you easily share document files.
- Supports plain text, Markdown, HTML, PDFs and Microsoft Office files.
- Lets you embed folder on a blog or site.
- Similar tools: Justpaste.it, Boxnet and Tidypub.
- Also read related article: 5 Ways To Share Music, Docs, Files & More On Twitter.
Check out @ PancakeIO @ www.pancake.io