Google Calendar is one more online application that helps you organize your life. There are many calendars out there however Google seems to outperform them all: it’s free, simple, user friendly and full of cool features.
Google calendar is a web based application so there is no software to download and install. It takes time to get used to it but once you do it’s priceless. Some of the features include:
- View modes: Calendars can be viewed by day, week, or month.
- Sending invitations: You can invite people to any event by simply adding their email address to the guest section of the event. Calendar will do the rest
- Event reminders: Option to get notified by email or text messages sent right to your mobile phone
- Create multiple calendars: You can create multiple calendars for different aspects of your life(work, family, etc)
- Calendar Sharing: Each calendar can be shared with anyone you want, you can also specify whether you want others to be able to modify it(ex; adding events) or not. One calendar can be shared with friends, one with coworkers and etc.
- Subscribe to additional calendars: View shared calendars of friends or team-members next to your own
- Showing/Hiding Events: Each calendar even can be set to either public(friends and others can see it) or private.
- Changing colors: When you import events from several calendars into yours, events from each calendar colored differently
- Monitor/Manage calendar right from your desktop using one of yahoo’s widgets
More detailed information on Google Calendar application can be obtained from Google’s product demo. I think it’s quite impressive what Google did, you get so much and yet it’s 100% free. The more I use it, the better it gets, so definitely check it out. At the moment Google Calendar is only available in English but different languages are coming soon.