If you are trying to decide which mobile phone carrier to go with, you will want to find out how well each carrier has covered your area. In order to do this you need to find out where the carrier towers are and see their coverage on a heatmap. This is precisely what interactive cell phone carrier coverage map OpenSignalMaps does.
Open Signal Maps is a free to use website that gathers carrier data from around the world. You can enter your zip code to view the carrier towers located in your area, which are displayed on a Google Map. You can filter individual carriers as well as the type of service they offer: 2G, 3G, or 4G. Alternatively you can view a heatmap of the coverage of each carrier in your area. Each view that is generated can be shared with your friends through its permalink.
Data is constantly being gathered to get a more accurate view of each tower and each carrier’s coverage. Meanwhile you can use the current views as helpful guides.
- A user friendly website.
- Lets you find locations of cell-phone carrier towers in your area.
- You can jump to your location by entering your zip code.
- Lets you view heatmaps of the areas each cell-phone carrier covers.
- Lets you filter views according to carrier and the type of service offered.
- Similar tools: DeadCellZones, CoverageMap, SignalMap and GotReception.
Check out Open Signal Maps @ www.opensignalmaps.com