Okawix is a Wikipedia download tool which lets you download the entire content of the most popular online encyclopedia onto your computer. Along with the text, images are downloaded too. Okawix is available in 253 languages and includes the other Wikipedia sites like Wikisource, Wiktionary, Wikiquote and Wikibooks.
Works dead easy, simply choose the language and click on “Select languages” link. Okawix will then prompt set of .torrent files you can pick and download onto your computer.
It also offers desktop client for Windows, Mac and Linux that acts as an offline browser and can help to download and view Wikipedia offline.
Considering the enormous size of Wikipedia, it would surely take days to download it over a decent internet connection. Hence they have given the other option to buy usb keys from their shop which have the entire content loaded on them.
- Download Wikipedia content onto your computer for offline viewing.
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Also downloads content from Wikipedia sister sites like Wikitionary, Wikiquote etc.
- Option to buy a USB keys with pre-loaded content from their shop.
- Available in over 250 different languages.
Okawix is not the only way to download Wikipedia for offline viewing. You my also read earlier MakeUseOf articles on this, 4 tools to download and take Wikipedia offline and how to install wikipedia on iPod.
Check out Okawix @ www.okawix.com