There are numerous applications available online that protect your files by a password. But there might be situations in which you do not want others to know that you are restricting their access to certain files. Here to help Mac users in such a situation is an app called Obscurity.
Obscurity is a freeware application for Mac computers. The app comes in a DMG file sized at nearly 100 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.3 Panther or a later OS. The function of the app is to help you hide files in a new and better way. Drag the Obscurity app contained within the DMG file into a folder on your computer; dragging it directly onto the Dock or the Desktop will make the app not work. You can right click on the file and have its package contents revealed; here you should drag any files you want to hide. When other users open the Obscurity folder, they will find a seemingly empty folder; but to access your files, all you have to do would be to have the package contents revealed.
- A user-friendly freeware app.
- Compatible with Mac computers.
- Effectively hides computer files.
- Shows an empty folder to other users when they try to access your hidden files.
- Also read: 2 Ways to Hide “Important” Files and Folders in Windows and How To Hide Files Like a Super Villain.
Check out Obscurity @ http://www.mednotes.net/about/portfolio/programmer/