Nooly Micro Weather is an accurate localized weather app that tells you the exact time rain will start, predicts weather every 5 minutes and aims to predict the weather for every road, park, block, shop, and other places of interest to you. While there are many existing weather apps out there including apps from the Weather Channel and AccuWeather, Nooly aims to give you more accurate and dependable weather data based on its patented technology.
Other weather apps rely on numerical models, which work great if you need to know the weather in the next few hours/days from now or over a larger area. But usually they are not as accurate for predicting weather in the next 15 to 30 minutes or in a specific location (e.g. 1-3 km around you).
Instead of tracking cloud formations over a large area, Nooly tracks every single individual cloud thus enabling it to give you more accurate and localized weather predictions. It calls its patented technology “Nowcasting” meaning real-time weather prediction and can even tell you the exact time it will rain or when the rain will become a thunderstorm.
The app is available for iOS and Android at their respective app stores. Once you download and install the app you can move the slider to view weather information over specific blocks within an area on a map (e.g. city, town) or view in a list mode.
- Predictions are localized to within 0,4 square miles and updated every 5 minutes.
- Weather predictions for over 13 million locations in US.
- Tracks and analyzes each individual cloud.
- Used real-time data from over 260 National radars and 2 NASA satellites.
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Related tools – SkyMotion, Eye In Sky Weather.