NomaDesk offers a simple and secure way to backup personal files online, securely share files with colleagues and most importantly syn files and folders between multiple computers. The latter one is in particularly useful letting you automatically sync files between up to 5 computers.
The setup process is quick and easy. First go ahead and download the Nomadesk desktop client (you will need Windows 2000, XP or Vista to run NomaDesk). While installing the client you will be also asked to create the Nomadesk user account.
Once you have finished setting it up, you should see two new NomaDesk drives in your ‘My Computer’ folder. One for private/personal files (Personal Fileserver) and one for shared files (Public Fileserver).
Whatever files you put/drag into your personal drive will be automatically strored in your NomaDesk account online. One really cool feature that comes with it is the synchronization with your other PCs. For instance, if you add an image file to your NomaDesk drive on one of your PCs it will be automatically sent to ‘Personal Drive’ on all your other PCs that have Nomadesk installed.
This one is for sharing files with others. You can invite others to view and read files stored on your public drive. They won’t be able to make any changes o files, only view them.
There is also a something called Team Fileserver which enables users not only to share files with others but also collaborate on them. The people you invite will be able both view and edit the files. This and a couple of other features aren’t available to free account users.
Every file you put into your NomaDesk drives are also stored online. You can securely access and manage those files from any computer or even mobile phone with internet connection. See screenshot below.
- Unlimited file storage: Store as many files as you want.
- No restrictions on the individual file size. It can a 100 KB pic, 1 GB movie etc.
- Unlimited bandwidth usage.
- Access and edit files in your Nomadesk drives even if your PC is offline.
- Backup files to your online Nomadesk account.
- Synchronize files between multiple PCs
- Share files with friends or coworkers.
- Access Nomadesk account from any PC or mobile phone that has internet connection.
- Allow your coworkers to edit and upload the files (not availble in free account)
- and more …
- For more details see NomaDesk support page.
- Similar websites: Dropbox, Sugarsync and Syncplicity.
NomaDesk Introduction Video
Check out NomaDesk @ www.nomadesk.com