Meet.fm is a web-based tool that lets you easily set up a meeting online with a group of people – friends, partners, colleagues etc. It makes it easy to collaborate with others in real time and is accessible from any device (smartphone, PC, tablet). You simply go to their website, select a channel name URL (http://meet.fm/yourname) and sign up for an account. Then you invite others (by email or SMS) to your channel by sharing your channel name URL.
Once you start an online meeting on your channel, you can then share you computer screen, share files from your computer or from popular online services (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote and others), message your guests or share your webcam. You can remove any guest from your channel at your will.
Additionally, for those who don’t have access to the Internet, there is an option for them to access your channel using a phone by dialing a number with a pass code, which are provided to you (the host) in your email upon registration.
Guests join the channel by simply entering their name
The service is web-based and doesn’t require software download. It is free to use for up to 500 meeting minutes in total. To use above that and get more features, you will have to register for one of their paid plans starting from $15/month.
- Set up and schedule meetings online.
- Web-based. No software download.
- Simple live sharing – share your screen, files, webcam and links.
- Share files from computer, Box.net, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote.
- Add, remove guests at any time.
- Exchange messages.
- Guests don’t need to register to joint a meeting.
- Personalize and brand your meeting channel space.
- Works from any device.
- Related tools – MeetingKing, MeetWithMe.
Check out Meet.fm @ www.meet.fm