URL shortening helps internet users on a number of websites, particularly social networks. If there is a link to a map you need shortened, then two steps are required: first you form the desired map on the map’s website and then you copy the URL to paste it into the URL shortening website. MapTo combines both these steps into a single interface.
MapTo is a free to use website that helps you create maps and get their shortened URLs. You are provided with a Google Map on which you can easily obtain your desired map. All the traditional Google Map options are provided including the four different types of map views.
With the map obtained you add a keyword to complete your shortened URL, enter a CAPTCHA code, and click on the final button to finalize the shortened URL. MapTo also lets you shorten existing Google Maps and Yahoo Maps URLs.
- A user friendly website.
- Lets you create maps.
- Lets you obtain shorten Google map link.
- Lets you choose your own keywords in the shortened URL.
- Supports shortening of long Google Map and Yahoo Map URLs.
- Similar tools: aMap.to, Assemble, QuickMaps, MapOf.it and SimpleGuideTool.
- Also read related articles:6 Subway Map Tools To Navigate Your Way Through NYC
Top Mapping Tools: Maps, Local Guides & Driving Directions
3 Cool Twitter & Google Maps Mashups You Should Check Out
Check out MapTo @ www.map.to