Over the past year, we’ve seen tremendous growth here at MakeUseOf thanks to all of you. There have been some hiccups along the way, but we’ve launched some fantastic new features.
We’ve reviewed and given away a slew of amazing hardware (and we’ll picking a winner for that Windows RT Surface very soon, so get your entries in now). MakeUseOf Answers now helps more people than ever with their computer problems – and we still have some incredible new features in the works for next year – but we need help.
We’re looking for an assistant developer, to work with myself in bringing these new features to life, and optimizing the site to give readers the most user-friendly and best experience possible.
So what kind of person are we looking for?
- You need an eye for design and UX issues; creativity is a must. You should be able to look at an area of the site and think “how can this be done better?”
- You should be a CSS master, throwing around shadow borders and transparencies like a true design ninja.
- You should be familiar with WordPress and have a working command of PHP and MySQL.
- Your location doesn’t matter – we’re a global company and we all work from home. You’ll be expected to video chat and work within our European time frame though.
- Fast Internet connection is a must, as is fluency in the English language (although you need not be a native speaker).
We’re looking for someone who could dedicate at least 2 hours a day, but full time is also possible.
We’re a fun and vibrant team at MakeUseOf, though our mailing list can get a little heated sometimes. It’s a fantastic environment to work in, and none of us would trade it for the world.
(Disclaimer: no one has actually offered me the entire world yet, so I can’t be 100% certain I would decline if such a situation were to occur).
If you think you’re right for the job, send a full CV and examples of your work (plugins, site designs, custom-coded bits and pieces) to james AT makeuseof.com. We’re waiting to hear from you.