reminder: makeuseof extra lists some of the cool stuff discovered in the last couple of days
Cool Software and Web Applications:
- – new online community for cyclists. Lets you post pictures of your gear, meet other cyclists, store your favorite riding routes, get route tips from users and send out group cycling invitations to other members
- – fund and quick way to search for books, movies and music listed on amazon
- [NO LONGER WORKS] Diarised – simple and efficient web-based tool to help you manage and arrange meetings. [Howto: (1)enter meeting details, participants and possible meeting times, (2)Diarised sends out emails to participants, (3)based on participants’ choices you get a summary of the most preferred slots, (4) after you select one, it sends out an email to everyone confirming the chosen slot.]
- – instantly get info or definition for any word without leaving the webpage. [HowTo: (1)point at any word, (2)hold the Alt key (Ctrl in Linux) and click, (3)release key and small bubble will appear on the screen explaining the term.
- Hotget – huge collection of music videos
- Kdice – web-based, multiplayer strategy game. (Warning: Addictive)
- Peekamo – web-based personal and group text messaging service that lets you send free SMS messages from the Web to any mobile in the US and Canada.
- more] – lets you take your photos, put them into highly customizable photo strips, add animated objects and forward them to your friends or add to your web-profile(ex; myspace).[
Cool Articles and Tips:
- Five Must-Have IE Add-ons [pcworld.com] – (1)add links to Del.icio.us, (2)tool for controlling multiple media players, (3)two mouse enhancers, and (4)one-click answer library.
- 13 Places to watch TV online for free [cucirca.com] – lists bunch of free online TV services. Read more on web-based channels in ‘More then 3000 TV Channels now Online’ (by Kaly)
- HOWTO: Stream Live HDTV from Your Mac [MacDevCenter.com]