I’m in love with many of the deals we’ve got this week. First up, I have to mention the ASUS Nexus 7, pre-owned, selling for $109.99. There’s also amazing deals on flash drives and, particularly, on monitors and cameras. Pay close attention to the deal for a free Canon Pixma PRO-100 series of photo printer. This week is an amazing one for deal hunters.
Top Tablet and Smartphone Deals
- Price: $109.99; compare to $229 MSRP
- Retailer: Cowboom – Buy It Now
The Asus Nexus 7 remains one of the best 7-inch tablets you can buy almost anywhere. It’s jam-packed with features. Thanks to a vibrant development community, it’s one of the most modded and supported devices around.
Unlike many factory recertified devices, pre-owned tablets often have signs of use, such as scratches or or other kinds of cosmetic damage. Overall, I consider this an excellent deal, although the pre-owned classification may give some buyers pause. In particular, one should worry about the battery quality, as the Nexus 7 battery, while easy to replace, requires a small amount of technical knowledge to properly repair. In short, the battery is not user replaceable.
ASUS Tranformer Infinity TF700T 10.1-inch (Refurbished)
- Price: $179.95; compare to $299.99 MSRP
- Retailer: A4C – Buy It Now
The ASUS Transformer Infinity (dock offered separately) offers a later build of the Tegra 3 chipset. Tegra 3 still offers users a great deal of performance. I actually own this particular model – it unfortunately only received an update to Android 4.2. While some speculate that an Android 4.4 update is in the works, I remain doubtful about this.
However, if you also purchase the keyboard dock and battery extender, the 700T becomes a fairly effective netbook. It’s worth a shot if you want to get started with mobile productivity on Android.
- 5-port Poweradd 25W/5A USB desktop charger — $12.89 after coupon code ‘UQ47UV25’ via Amazon
Top Laptop Deals
- Price: $599; compare to $1,199 MSRP
- Retailer: eBay – Buy it Now
This laptop offers the state of the art, ultra-low voltage Core i7-4500U CPU, Nvidia GT745M GPU, a 1TB hard drive and 8GB of RAM. It also throws in a copy of Adobe Lightroom 5. This is a really great deal, which I don’t imagine will last for much longer.
For a flexible, current generation laptop, $599 is an excellent deal. It’s also built from aluminum, offering an almost Ultrabook-like form factor (what’s an Ultrabook?). If you’re looking for a great performing, Haswell equipped laptop, this is worth checking out. On the downside, because it’s a refurb, it only includes a 90-day warranty. And it uses a Wireless-N card, which likely isn’t dual-band (what’s dual-band?).
- Acer Aspire S7 13-inch Ultrabook — $929.99 via B&H
- Apple 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display — $1,099.99 via eBay
Top Desktop Components and Systems
- Price: $179.99 after $40 MIR; compare to $299.99 MSRP
- Retailer: Newegg — Buy it Now
- Rebate link: $40 MIR
The new Celeron J1900 CPU offers unparalleled power efficiency, for desktop computers. Overall, this computer offers a fully stocked productivity-oriented, eco-friendly computer system. For the price, it’s an excellent deal.
- Samsung SD390 23.6-inch 1920 x 1080 monitor — $199.99 after coupon code ’52MEMDAY164′ via Newegg
- LG 29-inch 2560 x 1080 monitor — $419 via Newegg
Cameras, Memory and Gadgets
- Price: $1,017; compare to $1,749 MSRP (deal applies to other cameras, see below)
- Retailer: Adorama – Buy it Now
- Rebate link: $400 MIR
This particular deal applies to a wide variety of DSLRs and three different photo printers. The best value for your money is likely the PRO-100 printer and the 70D, if you get the STM lens bundle (look for the bundle link in the “Buy it Now” link above), but another great option is the PRO-100 and the PowerShot S120. Even if you don’t need the lens bundle, it’s still a good deal.
Keep in mind that there are three different rebates in the rebate link, for three different kinds of printer. The first is for the PRO-1 printer. The second is for the PRO-10. The third is for the PRO-100. Read the rebate directions carefully. To get this particular deal listed above, you need to add a Pixma PRO-100 and a sheaf of photo paper (either LU-101, SG-201 or PM-101) to your cart. Also, the rebate is only offered to those who buy an eligible camera. Here’s the camera availability list:
To make this point clear, you must purchase the following items:
- You must purchase either a PRO-1, PRO-10 or PRO-100 photo printer.
- You must purchase one of the eligible cameras.
- You must purchase the photo paper.
I actually went in for this one earlier in the year and combined it with a $150 cash-back deal (Discover IT credit card special) and 2% rewards. After I sold the printer and paper for $100 (it goes for $200 on eBay), the total cost to ended up around $281 for a Canon SL1 with a telephoto lens, filter kit and DSLR case. You can’t beat that kind of deal anywhere. If it sounds like too much work, don’t do it. If you’re scared of rebates, don’t do it. However, if you do take the plunge, make sure that you get your rebates paid.
- Asus 27-inch WQHD LED Monitor — $478.98 via Amazon
- Refurbished HP Pentium 4 desktop + 17-inch LCD monitor — $149.99 via Newegg
- Core i5 NUC combo kit (includes SSD, 8GB of RAM and 802.11ac WiFi) — $507.99 via Newegg
Nikon 1 J1 Mirrorless Camera with 10-30mm VR Lens (Refurbished)
- Price: $164.99; compare to $649.99 MSRP
- Retailer: Groupon — Buy it Now
This is the lowest price I’ve ever seen on the Nikon 1 J1. For the money, you can’t find a better mirrorless anywhere. However, this is a refurbished product, so your mileage may vary. I should note that while it does use an interchangeable lens, it will require a special adapter ($200) to work with the larger body of Nikon lenses.
- Lexar 32GB JumpDrive SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — $9.99 via eBay
- Samsung 16GB SDHC Pro Class 10 — $6.99 via eBay
- 20% off reconditioned cameras at Olympus — 20% off with coupon code ‘SUMMER’ via Olympus
- D-Link DCS-930L Wireless-N surveillance camera — $31.99 via Amazon
- Dell Ultrasharp 24″ monitor — $200 via Dell (HOT DEAL!)
This was one of the best weeks I’ve seen for electronics deals outside of the holiday season. In particular, monitors and cameras have simply been crumbling in price, likely to make room for new product releases this summer. However, if you can’t afford the amazing PRO-100/70D deal, an unbeatable price is $9.99 for the 32GB Lexar JumpDrive.
That’s it for this week folks! Check back next week for the same great deals!