LookBackMaps is a great way to see mapped historical pictures. Simply browse a location on the map and any place that contains historical pictures will be identified by a marker. Clicking on that marker will display pictures from a different time.
You also have the option to check/uncheck the years you want to keep or remove. The year ranges include pre-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949, 1950-1999, 2000-now. You can also search for a location and use the common Google Maps features like zooming in or switching to satellite and hybrid modes. Each historical picture is also accompanied with details about the location and the photograph. You can also contribute by adding your own historical images of locations.
- View historical pictures of various locations on Google Maps.
- Browse or search for locations.
- Add your own images to contribute.
- No registration required.
- Similar tools: SepiaTown, Georeader, HistoryPin, SimpleGuideTool and VideoMap.
- Also read related articles: 5 Cool Android Apps with GPS Activities For Kids.
Visit LookBackMaps @ www.lookbackmaps.net