I have learnt about LogMeIn in September issue of PC World. I decided to review it as soon as I saw it. This one is especially handy for me as most of my non-techie female friends once in a while ask me to help them out with PC problems. By using Logmein service I can help my friend instantly once I am given remote access to her PC.
So, ‘LogMeIn Free’ service lets you access your home pc from anywhere(ex;office). To activate it, you need to:
- create logmein account
- login to your account and add your computer through “Add Computer” option
- install necessary free application for your PC
- leave logmein running and PC connected to the web if you plan to acceess it from outside
- sign in into your account on the logmein.com from anywhere and remote access service should show your pc’s screen in the browser.
- make sure to logout once you are done
As long as you are on braodband, it should perform smooth and without much delay. In addition to free option company also offers ‘logmein Pro’ which has more features but requires payment. If you want to check it out, a 30 day(or 120 minutes) free trial available as well. Pro version has following features:
- Remote access
- File Transfer: Easily move files between PCs
- Remote Printing: Lets you print remote documents locally
- File Share: Easily share large files
- Guest Invite: Lets you share your desktop for remote collaboration on some tasks
- File Sync : Synchronize files
Logmein Inc. is based in Boston, Massachusetts with a development center in Budapest, Hungary. Company provides their services to some of the industry leading enterprises. If you are loooking for some corporate solutions for your company check out all product list here.
Another company offering similar service is Gotomypc.com. I have not tested it though, so no comments on it. Also there is no free service option on this one.
More articles about: