LockItTight is a free web service that can serve as a sort of insurance for your laptop. This tool can help you recover your laptop if you ever lose it, by constantly keeping track of its location. It can also do screen and even webcam captures, which will give you or the authorities an idea of where your laptop is.
Using LockItTight is pretty simple. All you have to do is sign up for an account and download the client on your device. Then you can configure the tracking settings for your device in the website. You may choose to turn the location tracking on or off, screen capturing, and webcam capturing. In addition, you may set the reporting interval for your device.
To track your device, all you have to do is log into your account on the LockItTight website where you can access the recorded location in the Google Maps interface, see the screenshots from the screen and webcam captures.
LockitTight may not get your stolen laptop back, but it gives you a fighting chance of knowing where it is and providing a lead for the police.
- Helps to track and recover a stolen laptop
- Always keep a track of where your device is.
- See the location of your laptop on Google Maps.
- Takes a screen and/or webcam captures at a set interval.
- Set the report interval with a minimum of 30 mins and a maximum of 1440 mins.
- Client automatically updates.
- Free to use.
- Similar Tools: LAlarm, Adeona, Firefound and Prey Project.
Check out LockitTight @ www.lockittight.com