Pretty cool online translator and dictionary tool that runs within the browser. Lingro takes any webpage and lets you instantly lookup meaning or translation for any word on that page. Click on any word or sentence to get its translation in English, Spanish, French, Polish, German or Italian. You can also playback the pronunciation of every word (see screenshot below), add definitions and edit the existing ones.
Currently Lingro can translate to and from following languages:
English to English
The interactive interface enbales user to switch between different languages with a single click. There is also an option to archive and add words to your wordlist.
Please note that Lingro is not a website translation service, but more like a tool to lookup word meanings without leaving the current web page. If you need something that does full website translation then better try Google Translate.
- Lingro Dictionary – translate words.
- Lingro Web Viewer – lookup ad translate unknown words.
- Lingro File Viewer – upload text files (.txt, .doc, or .pdf) and lookup unknown words.
- Browser bookmarklet for quicker access. Supports Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer.
- Keep track of translated words in your wordlist (sign-up required).
- Improve your vocabulary with Lingro word games.
Check out Lingro @ www.lingro.com