Free high quality software does not come often, especially in technologies like video editing. If you want to churn out professional work on your laptop, you are stuck with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier. or Avid Video Premiere. Fortunately, the Lightworks project offers a lightweight, free and open source video editing software that offers the same feature set as what you get from programs that costs thousands of dollars.
Lightworks’ interface has an easy learning curve if you already know how existing video editors work. The features are too many to mention, but just know that anything a professional product can do, Lightworks can do it too, from effects, trimming, audio, and color-correction, to media management, and third-party support.
The best way to know if Lightworks works for you is to try it out. You will be surprised how it can replace your premium software. This desktop app is also built for speed, making it very usable even for the slowest PCs.
Lightworks is currently available as a public beta and you need to register an account to get it.
- Open source project for video editors.
- Serious alternative to premium software.
- Works with minimally-spec’d PCs.
- Included tools for power users including editing, trimming, effects, third=party plugins, and more.
- Similar tools: VideoToolbox, VidToMP3, Anjo.to, BrushVideo, Kaltura, and BenderConverter.
Check out Lightworks @ www.lightworksbeta.com