Lightmail is an alternative email app for your iPhone. It is fast and easy to use and has features not present in the default iPhone mail app. One such feature is that it lets you view and manage all of your email attachments in a separate “Attachments” window. It supports multiple email accounts, is easy to configure, has a clean inbox interface and supports push notifications.
To use it on your iPhone, download it from the Appstore and follow instructions on the screen. It is automatically configured. You simply enter your email ID and password and click “Sign in”. It supports all of the popular email providers like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Mobile etc., as well as big international services like Sina and Sohu.
You can view shorter or longer snippets of your messages by clicking on the top right corner, or view your email folders (inbox, sent, drafts etc.) by swiping to the right. All the options (search, attachments, download message, new message) appear at the bottom bar and are accessible from anywhere. In the default iPhone email app swiping to the left shows you the “Delete” button, whereas in LightMail, this gesture lets you select one or more messages and then mark them as read, start/unstar them or delete them.
Click the “attachments” button to view all the attachments in a single place. You can filter attachments by media type – document, picture, archive, music or video or search files. To sum it up, in most ways it is similar to the default iPhone mail app but the addition of the above extra features makes it a very compelling alternative.
- Fast and lightweight iPhone email client.
- Supports popular email services like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MobileMe, iCloud, QQ, Sina, Sohu.
- Supports private custom IMAP/SMTP accounts.
- Supports push notifications.
- Easy and automatic configuration.
- Clean inbox view.
- View and manage all attachments from a single place.
- Supports multiple document formats – images, MS office docs, PDF.
- Browse ZIP and RAR archives.
- Switch between landscape and portrait view.
- Download messages for offline reading.
- Similar apps – Cloze.
Check out LightMail @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id599288123