Language Immersion, a Chrome extension, has introduced a new concept of encouraging language learning among people. When you install the extension and turn it on, it translates specified words on the webpage from English into any of the 64 languages offered by Google Translate. By rolling the mouse over a translated word, you can listen to its pronunciation and by clicking on it, you can revert it back to English.
The good things about the extension is that it offers different levels of translation, ranging from novice to fluent that represent the amount of text to be translated. At the novice level, only particular words or phrases are translated, whereas on the fluent level, you can translate whole sentences and paragraphs. In this way, you can learn a new language while reading up a text about something that interests you. However, the translations may not be 100% accurate.
- Can translate words, phrases and entire paragraphs.
- Also offers pronunciation.
- Helps in building vocabulary of a new language.
- Similar sites: Pronunciator, Verbling, LyricsTraining, Memrise, and Memorista.
- Also read related articles:
Install Language Immersion extension for Chrome