If you are a developer, then you probably already make use of a text editor to write or edit your code. If you work with multiple languages, then you need an editor that supports multiple languages. If you work on either a Windows or Linux computer, you should check out an app called JuffEd.
JuffEd is a free to use desktop application compatible with computers running the Windows OS. The app has a version for Linux computers as well. The function of the app is to serve as an excellent text editor for programmers. The app’s most prominent feature is syntax highlighting.
Other helpful features of this text editor include adding markers to the text. You can add a marker through the menus on top or by clicking in the left most pane of the application. You can traverse from one marker to the next or the previous one using the menus on top. The application also provides its users with hotkey shortcuts for going to a specific line, going to a matching brace, commenting a line, commenting a block, duplicating a line, converting texts to upper case letters, and converting texts to lower case letters.
- A user friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows and Linux computers.
- Lets you edit text in various programming languages.
- Supports syntax highlighting for numerous programming languages.
- Similar tools: gedit, Kate and MetroTextual.
- Also read related article: 3 Windows Text Editors For Programmers.
Check out JuffEd @ www.juffed.com/en/index.html