Deciding which color theme to use for a project is something that a web designer often has to spend a considerable amount of time on. Here to offer you a useful tool to generate usable palettes easily is an app called iWantHue.
iWantHue is a free to use web service that helps you create color palettes. You need to sign up for an account to start using the website. All you have to do is visit the site’s homepage and then specify a color space. You specify this space either by moving the HCL sliders present or simply by selecting from one of the many color presets available. A color palette that matches your settings is displayed in the center pane. Placing your mouse over one of the colors exposes the HEX code of that particular color.
This color palette changes shape when you select the palette generation options available in the right most pane. When you generate a palette, various colors are generated for the palette; for these colors you can view the HEX and RGB codes so that you can use these colors elsewhere.
If you are a web developer who is looking to use these colors in a project, then you will it very useful that the site provides you lists of colors in the palette for JSON and CSS; you can codes in HEX, RGB, HCL, and LAB.
- A user friendly web service.
- Lets you generate color palettes.
- You start generating the palette by specifying color space in HCL.
- Offers various presets as good starting points.
- Offers HEX and RGB codes for colors in palette.
- Generates JSON and CSS codes for color list in HEX, RGB, HCL, and LAB formats.
- Similar tools: Wenovo Pictures To Color, WhatColor and Colors Palette Generator.
- Also read related article: 10 Sites to Play with Colors and Create Color Palettes.
Check out iWantHue @ tools.medialab.sciences-po.fr/iwanthue