Whether you already have an iPhone or thinking about getting one, here is a list of links to make your life with the iPhone better. Below you’ll find Top iPhone startpages, couple of excellent iPhone Tools, over 10 HowTo’s, huge collection of iPhone reviews (in-depth, video, comparative, stress-tests, etc.), and some fun stuff in the middle to give you a break. Enjoy!
The idea behind the iPhone startpage is to bring all essential applications on one iPhone-friendly page. These apps can be anything, ranging from news sites to To-Do lists, Office apps, [NO LONGER WORKS] IM clients, VoIP services, Calculators, and more. All iPhone friendly and easy-to-navigate through.
*– features in-built search tools (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Wikpedia, … ), Feedreader, Flickr, del.icio.us, App list (directory of iPhone apps), and more.
*AppMarks – iPhone-friendly, well-categorized directory of iPhone applications. (Categories include: Cooking, Financial, Games, Email & Chat, etc.)
*More Similar StartPages: Gridgets| | | |
iPhone App Collections
In case the above mentioned startpages don’t include the application you’re looking for than check out one of the following sources. These are standard directory-like websites so don’t try accessing them from your iPhone.
Couple of cool iPhone Tools
* iFuntastic – simple tool that lets you add/remove ringtones, change carrier logos, and rearrange the home screen icons. Currently only runs on Intel Mac’s.
* iPhoneDrive (Mac) – lets you use iPhone as portable hard drive, ensuring that you always have important info/software with you. To get started check out our massive list of free portable apps. (Note: iPhone drive isn’t a freeware, costs $9.95)
iPhone WallPapers, iCons and Ringtones
- Gizmodo’s – iPhone Wallpaper Collection
- ThemeMyPhone – more wallpapers
- iPhone Candy – and some more wallpapers
- iPhone Ringtones – collection of original iPhone ringtones.
- Apple’s – iPhone icon collection (by Apple)
- – and wallpapers again.
- iPhone Musical [go2web2.blogspot.com]
- What the iPhone Could’ve Been [techeblog.com]
- Will iPhone blend [willitblend.com] – check it out below.
(6) iPhone HowTo’s
HowTo: Create iPhone ringtones from iTunes previews [tuaw.com]
HowTo: Add custom ringtones/system-sounds to iPhone (intel Mac only) [hacktheiphone.com]
HowTo: Send MMS messages on iPhone [hacktech.wordpress.com]
Replicate iPhone Buttons the ‘-webkit’ way [launchpadhq.com]
HowTo: 17 powerful bookmarklets for your iPhone. [lifeclever.com]
HowTo: Turn your Windows Mobile phone into an iPhone [lifehacker.com]
HowTo: Emulate iPhone’s features on your everyday handset [techcrunch.com]
HowTo: Activate iPhone Without AT&T [nanocr.eu]
HowTo: Set up your iPhone as a prepaid account [tuaw.com]
HowTo: Use the IPhone with a Business or Prepaid Account [reghardware.co.uk]
HowTo: Port ‘ineligible’ mobile numbers to AT&T and iPhone [appleinsider.com]
HowTo: Make iPhone work with old Cingular SIM (intel Mac only) [hacktheiphone.com]
- iPhone review [Engadget]
- No BS iPhone review [Gizmodo]
- iPhone in depth: the Ars review [ArsTechnica]
guided video tours:
things you should know before buying iPhone:
- A list of iPhone dissapointments [HowardForums.com]
- 10 Things that “absolutely suck” about the iPhone [MacRumors.com]
- 10 Things you should know before you buy an iPhone [Gizmodo]
- 10 Reasons why you shouldn’t buy an iPhone [extremetech.com]
- What the iPhone Doesn’t Have [gizmodo.com]
comparative reviews (iPhone vs…):
- iPhone vs Samsung BlackJack, BlackBerry 8800 and Treo 700P [WSJ]
- Apple iPhone vs Nokia N95 [cnet.com.au]
- Engadget iSwitchers [Engadget Mobile]
- Apple iPhone vs Nokia N95 and Samsung BlackJack [mgopinath.blogspot.com]
stress tests: (bunch of tests to check how the device handles abuse)