Many of us keep long complicated passwords for our Wi-Fi networks to keep them secure. This becomes a problem when friends come over and want to share our Wi-Fi since we usually do not have these long passwords memorized. Here to help you easily connect to your Wi-Fi networks without the need to remember long passwords is a tool called InstaWifi.
InstaWifi is a smartphone application for Android smartphones. The app is free to use; it is sized at nearly 600 KB and requires Android 2.2 or later. The app can be used to generate a QR image that has your Wi-Fi network information encoded. Friends simply have to scan the QR code with their phone to connect with your Wi-Fi network.
Additionally the app supports reading information off NFC tags / stickers and connecting to Wi-Fi via NFC tags.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Generates QR code for your Wi-Fi network.
- Friends can scan your QR code to connect to the internet.
- Supports NFC tags / stickers as well.
- Also read related article: 7 Great Uses For QR Codes & How To Generate Your Own For Free.
Check out InstaWifi @ play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jessechen.instawifi