If something of yours is damaged, repairing it yourself is the best way to learn more about the damage and to prevent it from happening in the future. But on the flip side, to start repairing something by yourself is not advisable; you might do something to inflict even more damage. A great repair-it-yourself website is iFixit.
iFixit is a free to use website that has free online repair manuals on a variety of topics. The site started out with guides for iDevices (iPhone, iPod, iPad) but has now expanded over to other areas. Commonly faced problems are comprehensively covered and provides readers with in-depth knowledge of their belongings.
iFixit has been divided into three major portions: Parts, Repair, and Answers. Parts is an online parts shop related to Apple products; Repair has repair guides; Answers lets users ask any repair question for other users to answer.
- Totally free.
- Simple interface in which everything is easily findable.
- Gives users a way to learn while repairing things themselves.
- Users can share their knowledge by writing and contributing their own repair guides.
- Spare part store also available.
- Similar tools: Easy2DIY, VehicleFixer, BicycleTutor and RepairPal.
- Related articles: 5 Sites To Learn How To Repair Your Own Computer, 3 Sites That Show How To Fix Your Broken iPod.
Check out iFixit @ www.ifixit.com