I have been using Microsoft’s Live Writer (Beta) for over 2 months now and I love it. My main reason that I probably use it for is that it’s not web-based. This allows me to work whenever I want on it, without browsing from one site to the other and fears of losing any information (WLW saves drafts just like MS Word). My other main reason for using it is that it allows me to publish to 2 blogs at the same time, with minimal steps.
My favorite aspects and features:
- So Easy to use and Setup
- Easily publish to any of my blogs from the same window
- Offline and on my Desktop
- Configures Automatically to your blogs settings (HTML and CSS)
- Plugins (like Insert Flickr pictures)
- Pinging services included
Features Requests (or what I would want in the non-Beta version):
- Sync Over Computers (between work and home, my Drafts and recently posted aren’t the same)
- Publish to 2 blogs at the same time (right now I just switch, change category and publish, but I’m lazy).