Have you ever lost your homepage? Whether you accidentally installed malware or tampered with the wrong setting, it doesn’t matter how it happened.
All you care about is getting your homepage back.
We’re going to demonstrate how to do that in all three major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Unfortunately, Edge doesn’t have a homepage option.
- Navigate to chrome://settings/
- Scroll down to the Appearance section.
- Enable the Show Home button setting.
- Next to “New Tab page”, click Change.
- Select Open this page: and input the URL of the web page you’d like to use as your homepage.
- Click OK.
Want to become a Chrome pro? Make sure you learn these Chrome power user tricks. They’ll make you more efficient than ever before.
- Navigate to about:preferences
- In the sidebar, select the General section.
- Under Startup, select Home Page: and input the URL of the web page you’d like to use as your homepage.
- Close out of the Preferences page.
Keep going with these Firefox customization tips and tricks that can make your browsing experience more pleasant.
- Open the Preferences page.
- Click on the General section.
- In the Homepage field, input the URL of the web page you’d like to use as your homepage.
- Make sure to set both “New windows open with” and “New tabs open with” to the Homepage setting.
That’s it. Consider checking out these tips for improving the Safari experience as well. They’re very convenient and effective.
Do you use the homepage feature of your browser? What do you use as your homepage? Tell us about it in the comments below!