For your picture to be a Google avatar, it needs to have square dimensions. Rather than cropping your photos to achieve the square form, you can now use Google+ Avatar Maker to conveniently create avatars for your Google+ profile.
Google+ Avatar Maker is a free to use web tool that lets you upload a picture from your computer and then use it to form an avatar for your Google+ account. After your image is uploaded you can move it around and zoom into it or out of it. You can also add a border to the avatar from the available options.
When you are done with your modifications you can download the completed avatar as a 400×400 pixels PNG image.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Lets you create an avatar for your Google+ account.
- Uses source image from your computer.
- Lets you add a border to your avatars.
- Avatar can be download as a 400×400 pixel PNG image.
Check out Google+ Avatar Maker @ www.gplusavatormaker.hostei.com