Google Maps is very useful as it can be embedded on a website easily. But while these maps offer different types of views, they do not offer any color customizations. In case you would like to replace the default colors on the map with the ones you like, check out a web service called Google Maps Colorizr.
Google Maps Colorizr is a free to use web tool that lets you customize the colors on a Google Map. The site presents you with a map and lets you select a certain aspect of it such as the natural landscape. For this aspect you can enter the HEX code of the color you want it to be filled with. You can select customizations for as many map aspects as you want.
As you make the changes, the embeddable code for the map on the far-right pane is updated. The HEX colors are translated into their HSL values to be compatible with Google Maps. You can copy this code and use it on your blog or website.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Lets you customize colors of Google Maps.
- Lets you select new HEX colors for different regions of the map.
- Provides embeddable code of new colored maps.
- Similar tools: Buncha Maps, MapTo, FollowYourWorld and Tixik.
- Also read related articles:
Check out Google Maps Colorizr @ googlemapscolorizr.stadtwerk.org