Online maps such as Google Maps and OpenStreetMaps are great for looking for directions, streets and addresses. The best thing about these sites is that the maps are accessible from almost anywhere, as long as there is a data connection available.
The last part about a data connection being available is the key. To access and use the maps on any of these mapping sites, you need a data connection to download them and that is fine if you’re within city limits but when wanderlust strikes and you’re out and about, those maps can’t really help you.
If you’ve ever wished to have maps from some of the major mapping sites available online, you’re in luck!
GMapCatcher is an offline maps viewer. It lets you download the maps for any location you want and stores them locally on your computer. You can then browse through the maps that you downloaded without requiring an Internet connection.
- Take online google maps offline.
- Free to download and use.
- View online maps without an Internet connection.
- Supports multiple mapping sites: CloudMade, OpenStreetMap, Yahoo Maps and Google Map.
- Supports downloading tiles for multiple zoom levels.
- Works with a GPS device to show current location on the map.
Check out GMapCatcher @ www.code.google.com/p/gmapcatcher