Weather forecast apps and websites are useful tools to help you plan your day, especially if you intend to go outdoors. Gismeteo is a handy little Chrome extension that will let you check real time weather forecast for a certain location of your choice. This browser extension can get you updated with the latest weather forecasts with its icon sitting neatly on your Chrome toolbar.
While Gismeteo is a Russian-based weather service, their Chrome extension and even their website offers English weather updates, so any English-speaking users can use them. The toolbar icon of Gismeteo shows the current weather with a temperature value. The icon changes with the weather update, so you can just glance on it to know what the weather is without having to click on the extension button. In addition, you can also change it to display a forecast for the nearest time.
Meanwhile, clicking on the toolbar icon will show you a more detailed information on the current weather, as well as a weather forecast for the following day. The weather forecast is further divided into night, morning, day, and evening. There are also links to Gismeteo’s website for further weather forecast for 3 days, 7 days, and even up to 2 weeks.
Furthermore, there are also options for changing the appearance of the weather forecast window, add locations, and set the update interval in the extension’s settings page.
Gismeteo is a nifty browser add-on that provides an up-to-date and customized weather forecast at your fingertips.
- Provides real-time weather forecast that sits in the corner of your browser.
- Toolbar icon displays either real time weather or a forecast.
- Shows real feel temperature.
- Offers customization options.
- Option to add multiple locations.
- Set weather update intervals.
- Links to Gismeteo’s website for more detailed weather forecast.
- Similar tools:ForecastFox, Weather Watcher Live.