Do you like to try out new stuff before everyone else? Well, Google is making that a bit easier by allowing you to sign up to test out the newest additions to Chromecast as soon as they become available. That way, you can have your friends over and show off stuff yours can do that theirs can’t!
To get into the Preview Program, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Cast app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the Chromecast you’d like to enroll in the Preview Program.
- Tap the three-dot menu button.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap Preview Program. (If you don’t see this option, it means Google isn’t accepting people in at that moment.)
- Choose whether you want email notification for new updates.
- Tap Join Program.
- Tap OK, Got It.
And that’s it! You’ll be able to mess around with the newest Chromecast features before everyone else. Google says that the features added “will be of the same quality as production version updates,” so you shouldn’t need to worry about any bugs or extra issues.
Do you use a Chromecast? What’s your favorite feature of the device? Share in the comments!