If you cannot find a file on torrent engines, perhaps you should try a web search to see if there are any direct download links. Doing such separate searches for each file you want to download can be time-consuming. But by using a web service called General Files, you can save a lot of time.
General Files is a free to use web service that lets you search for files that are available online. The site searches both files being shared on peer-to-peer networks as well as direct download links. These files include all types ranging from media files to software. You can search for files using their keywords or by browsing the available categories.
After signing up for an account on the site you can leave comments with files and rate them to guide other users in choosing only the right files.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Lets you search for files available online.
- Searches direct download links.
- Searches file sharing services.
- Categorizes file types.
- Lets you rate files and leave comments.
- Similar tools: Rapidshare1, Crawl Rapidshare and WoonzFiles.
- Also read related article: Collection of Rapidshare Tools and Tricks.
Check out General Files @ www.general-files.com