If you have an extremely large folder on your hard drive that needs cleaning up, you should break the folder down into subfolders. This will introduce better organization, help you navigate files, and decide which ones to delete. Here to help you with such a subfolder division is a desktop app called Folder Axe.
Folder Axe comes as an EXE file sized at 800KB; for installation you will need a Windows operating system and .NET framework 4.x. With the app installed you can point it towards the folder that you want split into subfolders. You will need to specify either the number of files in each subfolder or the size of each subfolder; in other words you can set the subfolders by number of files or by size.
- A user friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Lets you divide folders into subfolders.
- You can specify size or file count for each subfolder.
- Similar tools: GSplit and Cryogenic Filesplitter.
- Related articles:
Check out Folder Axe @ www.bkprograms.weebly.com/folder-axe.html