Pinterest Stumbleupon Whatsapp
Ads by Google

Last week, our poll question asked if you had heard of our MakeUseOf newsletter Are You Aware Of The MakeUseOf Newsletter? [MakeUseOf Poll] Are You Aware Of The MakeUseOf Newsletter? [MakeUseOf Poll] Read More . It seems that quite a lot of readers were entirely unaware of the newsletter. If you’re not yet a subscriber, it’s quick to join by entering your email into the field at the top or bottom of every page on MakeUseOf. This will keep you up-to-date with weekly highlights as well as some short cool tips not published on the website.

Quick analysis: Of the 97 votes counted for the poll, 60% of people were already aware of the newsletter; the other 40% were not aware of the newsletter before the poll ran. Full results and this week’s poll after the jump.

This week’s poll question is: What’s Your Favourite Major Online Retailer?

With the task of Christmas shopping looming ahead, this week we thought we’d ask about your favourite retailers. Specifically, we want to ask about the big retailers who sell a wide variety of goods or easy-to-find gifts. Which is best? We’ll let you choose your top three favourites.

Ads by Google

If your favourite retailer isn’t on the list, let us know in the comments “” the more ideas for our Christmas shopping the better!

  1. Rap33042
    October 18, 2010 at 1:53 am

    I use NewEgg

  2. Sykotik
    October 14, 2010 at 3:01 pm

    I second Tigerdirect! Definately one of my fav places to blow some money!!

  3. Aibek
    October 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm

    Amazon, Threadless & W00t!

    • pceasies
      October 13, 2010 at 11:20 am

      Newegg, Tigerdirect, Microcenter and Amazon

  4. Scott_T
    October 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm

    newegg also

  5. fnds
    October 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm

    Wondering about newegg as well. How is it not in the list?

    • Angela Alcorn
      October 11, 2010 at 3:17 pm

      NewEgg is more focused on electronics and we were trying to list sites with a wider product range. But I'm sure it'll be handy for someone. Thanks for mentioning it!

  6. Mpicarelli
    October 11, 2010 at 2:47 pm

    Yeah, how is NewEgg not on the list? Really....?

    • Angela Alcorn
      October 11, 2010 at 3:16 pm

      Was trying to focus on sites which sell a wider variety of stuff than NewEgg, but I'm sure the suggestion will be useful to someone. Thanks for mentioning it!

  7. Bobjones
    October 11, 2010 at 11:17 am

    For clothing, Lands End. For books, music and such, Barnes & Noble (bn.com)

  8. Bobjones
    October 11, 2010 at 9:17 am

    For clothing, Lands End. For books, music and such, Barnes & Noble (bn.com)

  9. Zuri K.
    October 11, 2010 at 1:50 am

    For those who don't know about Borders/Walden Bookstore they are absolutely amazing. Way better than Barnes and Noble or Books-a-million. The coupons you get are grand indeed with a free membership. Things only get better with a paid membership. Definitely worth checking out for those who haven't.

    • Angela Alcorn
      October 11, 2010 at 5:29 am

      Thanks for the tip!

  10. Craig Mooney
    October 11, 2010 at 1:44 am

    Newegg.com FTW

  11. Craig Mooney
    October 11, 2010 at 3:44 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *